Friday, October 21, 2011

Mirror - who is in a reflection!




I came across Mirror on the SA MUSIC NEWS fan page. I always go back to the Mirror page to listen their songs.
Their music is sultry and soulful, it slowly creeps into your heart and mind and settles there, it is very addictive.  It's a must listen so go over to Facebook
I had the great privilege to peak into their minds and their passions and I do believe that they will make it far.


Who and what Is Mirror? 
Stefania: ‘Mirror’ consists of
             Peter: Drummer
    Dan: Lead Guitar/Vocals
    Shane: Bass
    Stefania: Vocals
‘Mirror’ formed unofficially about 2-3 years ago; Dan and Shane made it official when they joined us this year. What is so amazing with the members in ‘Mirror’, is that there is one influential factor, we all have passion for music and creating it.

Peter: All of us – we needed a name and I know how Stefania loves looking at her shoes in
the ‘Mirror’ so I suggested it (: Just kidding)

Daniel: Mirror is a collection a musicians and friends who have a love for the same music but love experimenting with new and fresh sounds. It’s a reflection of what we love and all our individual interests, hence the name ‘Mirror’.

What inspires each of you? 
Stefania:    Hearing and seeing that people are interested in what we have to say. That our music could change a persons’ mood or create an emotion within them. That is truly inspiring.
Peter: Music, great musicians & bands.
Daniel:  A loving and responsive crowd. That’s what I love about music, I love playing it and get super happy if I can bring over great emotions in the audience while I do so.
Shane: Players that have devoted every part of their lives to music!

Who comes up with the lyrics and who finds the melody?
Stefania:  We all play a part in the creative process. Song writing is effortless. We are constantly composing, there is always a guitar and djembe nearby for some spontaneous creativity.
Peter:   We all do (which I think is the secret to writing great songs) as a band!
Daniel:  We all work together. Someone will come in with a basic riff or vocal melody and we
all play a part in arranging and coming up with the rest of the parts.
Shane: We all take part and have fun creating music.

How long has the band been together?
Stefania: Around 3 years but I totally agree with Peter.
Peter: (Mirror started about 2-3 years ago) but the band only felt complete this year when Dan joined on lead guitar/vocals and Shane joined on bass.
Daniel: Mirror has been Stef and Pete's project for a while but since myself and Shane arrived, the sound has changed completely due to the new influences which is truly fresh and exciting.
Shane: I joined this year

What is the ultimate rush, musically?
Stefania: To play live, in front of thousands and thousands of fans just to hear and see ‘Mirror’.
Peter:   Having hundreds of panties and bras thrown at you on stage, where at some point a bra hits you across the face and you have to play blinded until that song ends (: Whahahahahah, o my word that's really fun, would pay to see that :)
Daniel: Crowd singing along and cheering while you perform.
Shane: My ultimate rush would be, when a few musicians get together and just jam, creating something that everyone in the room smiles and taps their feet to :)

What does music mean to you?
Stefania: Music is a lifestyle, it is something that cannot be measured but felt within. It has the ability to capture the composer’s emotions, thoughts and soul which can live on through their music, even after they have left this world.
Peter:  Music is medicine and one of the true pleasures in this world that can create a feeling of utopia/peace without drugs or substance.
Daniel:  Music is my life. I love feeling inspired and creative. Creating something incredible that I am proud of and that people enjoy. Music is just my passion in every way, it's all I do.
Shane: Music is a whole other language that communicates with people in a different way
and brings everyone together.

Do you have any funny rituals before a performance? 
Stefania: A quick meditation to quiet my mind and nerves.
Peter:   I shine up my shades before I get behind the kit. I always play live with sun shades on.
Daniel:  I go pee and wash my hands. Nothing worse than needing a pee on stage....!
Shane: No I’m pretty normal haha but find I tend to wipe my hands a lot and drink Monster.

Name the first song that comes to mind? (Don't think just shoot)
Stefania: Collective Soul - Run
Peter:  Tangerine by Big Head Todd and the Monsters
Daniel:  Pink Panther theme track...Da Dum...Da Dum....:)    whahahahahahah
Shane: Aenima by Tool

When will you know you have reached the top of your career? ( That moment where you will say whoooheeee we made it)
Stefania: Being on a stage with a sea of people before us, singing along with us.
Peter:  Looking out over a crowd of more than a hundred thousand fans. Sure is a great memory to have!
Daniel: When we are the name on everyone's lips, the band in everyone's music players and sell out shows with great reviews. I think then we can start looking at the next best thing :) I don't think we can max out, we will always have something new to offer, and our best to beat!!!
Shane: When I have a wife in every country I tour in !!! That must be the ultimate, besides a life
time supply of Monster Energy Drinks. Love that stuff.

Thank you guys for your time and we are soooooo looking forward to be in the crowd of a huge filled up stadium.....

I have some WONDERboom info that I will be sharing here very soon.....so stay tuned.

PS "LIKE" the blog I added a facebook like button...

Peace out party people.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm not familiar but it sounds like I should check them out.

Drizel said...

They South African :) go go go :)